What is aNightmare?
Nightmares, or baddreams, are a type of dream that causes you to feel anxiety, fear or terror. Typically, a person will wake up during or just after having anightmareand he/she will be able to remember all or part of thebad dreamclearly.Anightmareis a disturbing dream associated with negative feelings, such as anxiety or fear that awakens you.Therecanbe a number of psychological triggers that causenightmaresin adults. For example, anxiety and depressioncancause adultnightmares. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) also commonly causes people to experience chronic, recurrentnightmares.
FACTORS CAUSING NIGHTMARES
- Stress and Anxiety
- Mental health conditions
- Certain drugs and medications
- Withdrawal from some medications
- Sleep deprivation
- Personal history of nightmares
HOW TO PREVENT NIGHTMARES ?
1.Don’t avoid sleep and keep a regular sleep – wake schedule.
2. Decrease alcohol intake and review your psychiatric and sleep medications with your doctor.
3. Wake up fully and be ready for…
View original post 95 more words